Thursday, May 27, 2010

168 Hours, on sale today

Dear Gifted Exchange readers:

This is a big day for me. My new book, 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think, goes on sale today. You can follow the link, above, to various online retailers, and it should be in the business/time management sections of your local Borders or Barnes & Noble as well.

What, you may ask, is 168 hours? It's what you get when you multiply 24 x 7. It's the number of hours in a week.

I think this is a much better way to think about our time than the usual 24 blocks. Is Tuesday or Saturday a "normal" day for you? Considering them both gives a better picture of our time. This book is about how people in general spend their time and how we can all spend it better. In particular, I profile many people who do a lot with the 168 hours we all have each week -- building big careers, raising big families, even getting enough sleep! Drawing upon data from the American Time Use Survey and other research, I make the case that many of the ideas we have of how people spend their time now, and in the past, are wrong. This book is for anyone who wants to get more out of their time and their lives.

An added bonus for Gifted Exchange readers: There is more math in 168 Hours than in any other self-help book you will read, ever. Also, many of the people I profile are scientists. Some might accuse me of repackaging the profiles I've done for Scientific American, but hey - I thought they were interesting people!

Anyway, if you've enjoyed my musings here over the years, you might want to give the book a look. BookPage named it the top lifestyle book for the month, and Library Journal called it "worthwhile."

All right, thanks for reading this self-promotional announcement, and we will be back to gifted topics next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS! I look forward to reading it.