Monday, May 24, 2010

Promise Keepers: The MBA Oath

We'll put this post in the category of "broadly related to education."

I recently reviewed a book called The MBA Oath for City Journal. The MBA Oath is a pledge that students at various business schools (most notably, Harvard Business School) have started taking as a way to bring discussions of ethics into people's minds during graduation season.

You can read my review, "Promise Keepers" here. I think it is a rather thoughtful book, with lots of ethical case studies, though I am not sure that I buy the narrative about business needing saving (by students, at that). Let me know what you think! Broadly, ethics is a great topic for students of any level. You can use it to discuss real life issues, but also to introduce students to philosophers and other great writers.

No comments: